With the continuous growth of power consumption demand, fast charging technology emerges as the times require. The demand of mobile phone energy consumption and the limitation of lithium battery give birth to fast charging scheme.
(1) Energy consumption demand: the continuous upgrading of smart phones in terms of CPU computing performance, screen resolution and broadband wireless network communication will increase the power consumption of mobile phones
(2) Mobile phone battery limitation: in recent years, from the mobile phones released by several major mobile phone brands, the capacity of mobile phone battery has improved.
However, it is limited by the physical characteristics of the lithium battery itself, as well as the size, weight, heat dissipation performance and cost of the mobile phone,etc.
The overall growth rate of mobile phone battery capacity is slow. Therefore, fast charge has become an effective solution to improve battery life.
The fast charging process includes three stages. The duration of constant current charging and the peak current are the main factors affecting the fast charging performance.
(1) Precharge: recharge the overdischarge battery to restore its activity and prevent damage caused by excessive current
(2) Constant current charging (fast charging): when the battery voltage reaches the precharge voltage threshold, the battery is charged with high current. In this charging stage, the battery power increases rapidly, the voltage increases continuously, and the current remains unchanged.
(3) Constant voltage charging (trickle charging): when the battery voltage reaches the voltage threshold, the voltage no longer increases, the current gradually decreases, and the battery is fully charged in the form of trickle charging.
Therefore, fast charging is mainly reflected in the constant current charging stage. Therefore, the duration of constant current charging stage and the peak current are the main factors affecting the fast charging performance.
Post time: Jan-28-2021